Yoast SEO is robust and by far the most popular SEO plugin for WordPress. Yoast SEO plugin, or simply Yoast makes onsite SEO process easier for everyone. In this guide, you will learn how simple it is to install Yoast SEO and configure it for your WordPress site.
In case you haven’t installed Yoast on your WordPress site yet, you can follow our guide about installing a WordPress plugin to install Yoast SEO for your site.
Yoast SEO Features
Next, let’s go through few of the popular features Yoast offers to its users, before configuring it for your site.
- Yoast offers SEO for everyone including the non-techies and builds upon its features to provide advanced functionality for its hard-core users. All that, without requiring the knowledge of coding.
- Yoast uses intuitive interfaces, step-based instructions and it also makes full use of color coding for user attention on SEO issues.
- Yoast makes it easy for you to change your title, slug, meta description, configure XML sitemaps and provides analysis for keywords, internal linking, and readability.
- Yoast also helps you to easily configure Bing Webmaster Tools and Google Search Console to enable analytics for your site.
Moreover, there are tons of other features Yoast plugin is offering free of cost which you can explore on your own. Yoast plugin also offers a premium version for the advanced use case, popular of which, is the URL redirect tool. In truth, the free version is all you need for the majority of your SEO needs.
Configuring Yoast SEO for Your Site
In this guide, we have assumed that you are freshly installing Yoast SEO without migrating from any other SEO plugin. That is to say, you don’t have any data to import to Yoast. In case you do, you can go to Yoast dashboard panel and follow SEO > General > Tools, click on the very first link that is Import and Export and follow the instructions to import the SEO data.
The first step is to turn on Yoast features or make sure that they are turned on by default.
One of the most viable features is that it makes it easy to integrate Analytics from different analytics services like Google Analytics. For instance, you can generate the API code from the Google Analytics page and paste that code here to enable Google Analytics for your site.
Search Appearance Settings
Moreover, Yoast also provides you these options individually for each of the Post types including focused keyword for that post.
Let’s configure the most important bit in SEO using Yoast. That is, Yoast helps you to appear your site information in search engine result pages or SERPs in whatever way you want.
Using these options you can choose Title Separator, HomePage SEO title, and meta description. You can also, select your business name and the logo from these options.
Yoast gives you the incredible customization power for your site. That is to say, Yoast gives you the options to set SEO title, meta description for all type of your Post, Pages, Taxonomies, and Archives separately and also enable you to either show these individual Post type content on search results or not.
A Few Other Minor Tweaks & Conclusion
A few other options Yoast provides, which you can use we find them handy are listed below.
- Enable Redirect attachment URLs to the attachment itself option. Now, this option will enforce WordPress to open the whole image instead of its attachment Post Type. As it will most likely be empty Post containing the image only.
- Select & Enable Breadcrumb for individual Post Types. Also, it gives you the option to prefix text in-front of the breadcrumbs.
That’s about it folks. If you are reading these lines, then probably you have successfully installed Yoast SEO plugin and have configured it for your site. So, now go ahead and write your first masterpiece. We at CodexSpot enchant for you… Happy blogging mate!
We hope you will find this post a useful resource for yourself. Finally, if you like this guide, don’t forget to share your feedback, subscribe and spread the word. In fact, we will greatly appreciate it by saying… Thank you!